Data architect: Organizing data the right way
The goal of a data architect is to optimize the collection and storage of data, massive or not, internal or external to the company. He chooses the most appropriate technical decisions to build a data management architecture. A data architecture is the structure that defines the organization of the data and the relationships between the different elements of this structure.
The data architect will therefore seek to optimize this data structure from a cost and quality point of view, while allowing the users of this data to access it as easily as possible.
- Create a storage infrastructure to integrate, centralize, protect and restore data
- Develop data models according to the various technical, legal and usage constraints of the data
- Collaborate with the various departments to meet the data challenges of the different businesses
Its key competencies
- Mastery of server infrastructure, storage and data mining tools
- Method and rigor will be his daily allies
- A team player will be important to understand the needs of the technical and business teams
In general, you don't start with this job, that's why the salary is higher than other jobs.
An inspiring data architect
William E. Inmon, born in 1945, is a computer scientist known as the father of data warehouses, which are widely used today by companies doing Big Data. He wrote in 1992 "Building the data warehouse". He was named in 2007 by Computerworld as one of the 10 most influential people in the computer industry in the last 40 years.