Business developer: to expand the company's commercial activity
A business developer is a person who, within a company, is in charge of business development and is therefore a key role because he or she is the person who will be in charge of finding new customers, developing relationships with existing customers and developing new markets.
On the borderline between a marketing manager and a sales manager, the business developer will look for the company's growth levers by providing solutions and projects to develop the turnover. He will develop it either directly with new customers or new products, or indirectly through marketing and communication.
- The business developer will elaborate an internal and external development strategy
- He will market to new clients
- He will pilot development projects
Its key competencies
- Creativity is a key skill for the business developer
- Ability to negotiate
- He must have a good knowledge of his competitive environment to anticipate opportunities
To these salary ranges, a variable salary between 20 and 50% of this base salary must be added
An inspiring business developer
The job wasn't called that but his role is very close to what a business developer with a lot of experience in a big company would do: Guy Kawasaki is one of the first marketing managers at Apple in 1984. He invented the concept ofevangelism to new technologies. His position was later called Chief evangelist.