CEO's right-hand man: to work hand in hand with management
The position of the CEO's right-hand man consists of assisting a manager - the founder of a startup, the boss of a small business, etc. - in his daily tasks. This Swiss Army knife position will allow you to quickly take on many important responsibilities. The CEO's right-hand man must allow the CEO to relieve himself of certain time-consuming tasks and thus save time.
This position is ideal to understand the behind-the-scenes of entrepreneurship because the CEO's right-hand man is very involved in solving the day-to-day problems that a startup founder may face. This position is very interesting because it allows you to be confronted with many different subjects.
- Participate in various projects in which the CEO is involved
- It can help in marketing, recruitment or communication
- It is possible that it helps, for example, to prepare a fundraising
Its key competencies
- Curiosity and initiative will be the most important skills of the CEO's right-hand man
- He must also be able to be autonomous and rigorous
- The willingness to touch on all subjects is a must for this position
An inspiring right-hand man to the CEO
Frenchman Jerome Guillen has been Elon Musk's right-hand man for Tesla's automotive business for more than two years. This engineer, after having worked for Tesla for more than 8 years, took on this position to oversee all automotive operations and program management as well as the coordination of their supply network.