Analytics specialist: to analyze data in all its forms
An analytics specialist is responsible for analyzing data and interpreting the results. They typically work with large sets of information to find patterns, trends and other useful information.
Analytics specialists can be tasked with a wide range of different projects, from identifying fraudulent transactions to predicting consumer behavior. Whatever the project, they must use their expertise to analyze data effectively and produce meaningful results.
- Perform exploratory data analysis and visualization to gain insight into the data.
- Develop predictive models, customer segmentation and other analytical tasks.
- Prepare reports and presentations to share ideas and results with clients.
Its key competencies
- Computer science, statistics and mathematics are the trio of technical skills needed for analytics specialist
- Knowledge of the field in which the analytics specialist works. This can help the analytics specialist to understand the data he/she is collecting and analyzing
- Communication skills are needed to interact with different teams
An inspiring analytics specialist
Avinash Kaushik is an Indian entrepreneur, speaker and blogger. He specializes in the field of Digital Analytics. He is the author of Web Analytics: An Hour A Day and a regular speaker on web analytics. In 2011, he was named the industry's most influential contributor by the Web Analytics Association.